Skip to main content

THE GLORY OF FRIENDSHIP........






"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship.  It is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks to all of you who have become friends.....you are an inspiration to me.

Have a beautiful weekend,

Jo


Comments

  1. Good friends certainly are one of the best things in life and so essential to make this life worth living! Cheers to all our friends, including those of blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, this is so beautiful and so very true! I have loved getting to know you through blogland! You bless my life more than you know! ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written my friend. Having you for a friend has made my life even better.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend yourself.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo... wishing you a beautiful weekend too my friend!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you sweet friend! I too love that quote about the rain. I still love running in it! I am no young chick anymore either! Hee Hee! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. if only thru the keyboard...
    i count you as one of mine!!!
    BEAR HUGS
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very true quote. Love the photo too. Without blogging I never would of found you my friend.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emerson deserves to be more read than he is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Emerson. Many quotes of days gone by reflect today's way of life, I use them often to make my point of view. In our busy lives a quote can sometime sum up our thoughts in a second.
    Hugs to my blogging friends,
    Rosemary...XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo, it has been a pure delight to have the pleasure of knowing you. You are such a kind and wise soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...