Skip to main content

TODAY IS A BLUE DAY.....MY FRIEND...NO NOT THE BLUE OF SORROW OR SADNESS


but the BLUE of CALMING AND GLADNESS

the blue comes forth in gushes ~~ like the spring rainfall


or the clear blue sky of a winter morn

it's as tho the blue has caused me to be reborn.


this gentle blue seeps into me..like water to a stream

Somehow there is a place now that is very rarely seen

SO STAY WITH ME MY BLUE FRIEND


I'M liking what I see....don't leave me yet....my new friend.

Just stay inside of me.

Have a beautiful blue day sweet friends,

Jo
Poem by me most photos by me and Flikr

Comments

  1. Love that blue! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay..gorgeous blues..I am a blue kindred...beautiful post and tribute to such a wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jo! My favorite color is blue so I happily accompany you for your blue day.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. This is my kind of blue.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo,... LOVE that last photo of the beautiful blue door with flowers growing up it!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo,

    Oh, I LOVED your beautiful poem! I am glad that I am not the only "odd ball" who writes poetry. However, your poetry is much more refined and more beautiful than mine.

    At any rate, I love you "blue day." This is the kind of blue that makes people happy. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reminded of the words of an old song
    blue skies
    nothing but blue skies from now on...
    Smiles. Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue and these pictures are beautiful. Love your blue day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are singing my song! BLUE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!!! I love that blue door; a blue door says, "WELCOME IN MY FRIEND!"

    Have a happy day filled with the colors of love, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post! I feel the calm within you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That second picture
    is simply amazing....
    {SIGH} This is what
    I'm shooting for, so
    to speak, some day!
    Glad your blue is a
    GOOD blue, Jo!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo,
    Lovely post. I have something for you. Hope you can pop over and pick it up. ;)

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. those were gorgeous photos. Such beautiful blue's. that chair makes me think of sitting on my deck with a wonderful glass of tart lemonade. Loved the blue sky and field..loved the lemons.........and I love photos of DOORS, don't you always "wonder" what is behind doors. what story lies there??
    blue is my second favorite color....after yellow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Jo
    What a beautiful post! I just love blue. The last image is my favorite..
    Thank you so much for your most welcome visit. I always love to see you at my door.
    It warms my heart to know you found pleasure in Madonna and Child.. I will be working on more relief's this year..

    I have finally got over the flu and bronchitis, only to take my little Jasper to the Vet Hospital.. It is two disks in his lower back.. He is home now on meds and is doing ok..
    Sending blessings your way
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...