Skip to main content

A SWEET HELLO FROM "THE HONEYMOONER'S"..............


 


FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE TV SHOW......"THE HONEYMOONER'S WITH RALPH AND ALICE CRAMDEN....THIS POST IS FOR YOU.....

OUR WONDERFUL FRIENDS IN AZ OFTEN TEASE SWEET HUBBY AND ME ABOUT TOURING THE COUNTRY IN OUR LITTLE BUS......SO IN HONOR OF THAT THEY PRESENTED US WITH THESE MUGS FOR A 60th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION.

I WILL HAVE TO ADMIT....THAT SOMETIME HE DOES FEEL LIKE A BUS DRIVER AND I FEEL LIKE THE BUS CONDUCTOR!  (O:(O:

ANYWAY......today I will share some pics driving across the Indian Reservation up by Page and Lake Powell in Northern Arizona.  




THESE PICS WERE TAKEN FROM THE BUS AS WE WERE DRIVING THRU...

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH OUR AREA....LAKE POWELL IS A HUGH MAN-MADE LAKE CREATED BY THE GLEN CANYON DAM.


THE LAKE IS TOTALLY SURROUNDED BY ROCKS OF THIS MAGNIFICENT COLOR AND WONDERFUL SHAPES.


Ah.......the WONDER of GOD's PAINTBRUSH.

NOTHING.......CAN COMPARE.

Thanks to all of you who are following along on our little journey.

Hopefully, I'll be able to visit each and every one of you soon.....but when we travel it can become a little more difficult.  

Blessings to All,

Jo
 

Comments

  1. Hello Jo, Jack and I have all the cd's of the old Honeymooners and watch them over and over again... love them! And I love your new mugs! The photos are gorgeous... I have some black and whites I took as a little girl when Glen Canyon Dam was first being built, and then Jack worked on building part of it and lived in Page many years ago... I haven't been there in a long while, thanks for "taking me with you" again! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember "The Honeymooners" very well. And I love those mugs, they are so cute!

    Great pictures and gorgeous scenery. I am really enjoying the trip with you.

    Keep having fun and enjoying the scenery we will be here when you park that little bus back home. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful country and your photos are amazing.

    Yes, I remember Ralph and Alice. I still love the reruns.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are loving your travels...I do love AZ so much. So much natural beauty in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I remember the Cramdens. What a hoot!
    Your photos are really gorgeous. Do you enjoy traveling in a bus? Hubby and I dream about touring some day.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terri....thanks for stopping by.....Sweet hubby and I LOVE traveling in the bus. We can bring our sweet little dog, and we have our own bed, pillow, etc. It is just like having an apartment on wheels.....only you can pick up and leave whenever you want to.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again, I meant DVD's not cd's! Sometimes I even call Jack Kramden! xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo
    ALICCCCCCCE! OH how I loved that show! Great mugs.. Beautiful photos, thanks so much for sharing.
    Warm regards,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the "Honeymooners" even though I was just a little girl. hehe Your pictures are just gorgeous. Enjoy your trip and post pics when you can.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once Upon A Time...
    I lived in AZ also and took this ride coming back to Utah occasionally. it's truly a sight not to miss. Enjoy your journeys and keep sharing with us.

    p.s.

    "To the Moon Alice!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your sweet comment. :) Your site here is so pretty...I know I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos Jo!!
    I'm already to go on another trip with you!
    I so enjoyed the one to Texas!!
    Pamela xo

    Glad you liked my guest room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings Jo,
    I remember my parents watching the Honeymooners and hearing Ralph yell "Straight to the moon Alice!"
    Your photos are lovely as is beautiful Arizona. I hope you are enjoying yourself.
    Have a lovely evening underneath the stars, cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...