Skip to main content

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR YA'...............DOES LIFE IMITATE ART OR DOES ART IMITATE LIFE?




TUILERIES GARDENS -- PARIS




 
PUFFINS........IN ALASKA






FLOWERS.........IN MY LIVING ROOM

 

Seeing so many beautiful pictures out there on all your wonderful blogs has made me ponder this fact.  Do you see the vignette in a picture and then arrange or do you arrange and then take a picture of the vignette??????

HAVE A ART FILLED DAY MY FRIENDS!!!

Love,

Jo

Comments

  1. Hello Jo... your questions always make me really stop and think... but I DO know the answer to this one... I arrange my little vignettes THEN take a photo... I want mine to be "mine" alone... they may not be the most spectacular vignettes, but they are "Moi"! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think art immitates life. I am always inspired by nature, and the beauty of things that surround us every day. For instance, you see a beautiful light fixture with perhaps crystal leafs or an abstract form, but the glow within reminds os of a sunset dancing across a tuscan vineyard, , or an island paradise..art immitating life. The soft pastels, whites and creams, all remind us of soft, gentle breezes, perhaps a babies smell, a childs smile..art immitating life.. Just my opinion, a very good question Jo, one could argue it both ways. Christel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,dear Jo!-)*

    What an beautiful photos do you make!
    And these last one from you living room is absolutely an ART...
    Creativity here in these amazing blogland immensly high and so different,so inspirational!

    I like you qouestion,it's realy good,because you can never say WHAT imitate WHAT:-)))*

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I did not know I was going to have to use the ole brain when I came by for a visit. lol
    My first thought was art immitates life. Isn't that where beautiful art comes from is our lives.
    Came by to catch up on your site and to say hello
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Art imitates life; so many things I enjoy are nature inspired! It can be argued both ways...
    tough call..great question~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great question, Jo. I usually see a vignette and take a picture, but lately I have been making some to photograph and that makes things change pleasingly!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a philosophical question! I'm not sure. I think that life influences art

    I love the DoDo painting by the way, who is it by?

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.K. friend......I have always called this bird a Puffin.....but perhaps it is a DoDo bird, altho, I thought they were extinct.

    Anyway, the painting is by a local watercolor artist who lives in Sitka, Alaska. His name is Keith Greba.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do both!
    make a picture, take a picture, paint a picture....artful living is where it's at...and there is art happening all around us in creation....the vignettes are there for the taking!

    great post....nice art work too!!!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just have ideas that pop into my head and shop the house for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Bloggerette Sorority Sister! I'm so glad to meet you and to also become your first follower! You are an amazing artist and I'm looking forward to having happy times with my Sorority Sistas!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara
    Moore Whimsies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo, I came over to thank you for the dearest words that you left for me about my garden, but then was smitten by your beautiful blog. I am off now to read more.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think they imitate each other, which I like. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment on my birdcage! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...