Friday, September 2, 2011

SOME THINGS ARE TIMELESS..............................







  "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."
Epictetus (55-135)

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will."
Epictetus (55-135)

Isn't it amazing how many things go out of style.....clothing......decorating......food..........etc......but WISDOM never fades. These quotes are as timely today as they were thousands  of years ago.

Have a beautiful weekend.

Jo

Photo: Kim Klassen (I think).....

12 comments:

  1. Great quotes--I've added them to my file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's word is timeless indeed.
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true! I guess that's why it's wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love these quotes...thanks, Jo!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quotes to remember!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sentiments indeed.
    happy Labour Day weekend hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post and wonderful quotes! As always, you inspire me.~Hugs,M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Jo!!...wisdom is infinite and powerful and immeasurable...and treasured!!
    HUgs...you are always inspiring all!
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  9. The human condition never changes...only our environments do. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knowledge and wisdom are the true keys and they only arrive after years of living and learning. Put Kentucky on your list of places to visit !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading a lot of the classics lately - and I wonder how it is that what was known then has to be relearned now. ??? :)
    Thank you for your sweet words over at my blog, Jo.
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good being back for a visit.... and as always, I find something to warm my heart:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments enrich my soul. I love hearing from you.

ON WISDOM............................................

"THE ART OF WISDOM IS KNOWING WHEN TO SPEAK YOUR MIND....AND WHEN TO MIND YOUR SPEECH." Don't know where I found t...