Skip to main content

USING WHAT IS ON HAND....SUMMER PIE........


I really don't make many pies....and I am not so sure you could really classify this as one...but here is something I whipped up from items in my fridge that I wanted to use up.


Fat free cool whip
Reduced fat sour cream
Peaches or strawberries if you have them on hand
and crumbs from the bottom of the cookie jar


Smash crumbs in a baggie......
Mis sour cream and cool whip together....to taste....as sweet....or not so sweet as you desire




Spread crumbs in the bottom of your pie plate
cover with whatever fruit you have chosen
(I had to use peaches because ...... I had them on hand.....and my soul mate cannot eat strawberries)
Cover the whole thing with cool whip/sour cream mixture......

Then top with some of the remaining cookie crumb mixture.


I might sprinkle some nuts on top before I serve this.....and I'm not sure if it will be more like a pudding rather than an actual piece of pie....but I think it will be yummy....and made completely from things in my fridge that I needed to use...and it should not be very high in calories since I used "skinny" everything except for the cookie crumbs.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jo

Comments

  1. I'd eat it! And with a big smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious. Something I definitely have to try...that is if I don't eat the container of cool whip first. I have a habit of doing that. One spoonful turns into two, and before you know it....
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure looks good Jo.
    its jotted down on my menu recipies..
    Yesterday, I for lunch desert..at a friends.. she made ..stewed apples, strawberries and kiwi. never had that before.. she served it slightly warm ..in the centre of the dish, she put plain greek yoghurt..and then drizzled honey over it... it was delicious.
    look forward to eating yours..
    happy weekend and happy travels.
    val

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yummy! reminds me of a show that I like where a chef knocks on peoples doors and with whatever they had on hand was made into a gourmet meal. I love those challenges...some really wonderful things can come of them...like this one! I'd have some too and I'm not a dessert person myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me and so easy. I will remember this one. Thanks. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy Jo... I think I will try one, only I use real whipped cream, and real sour cream... don't like the no~fat low~fat stuff... enjoy yours!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY!!! that is called recycled food!!! I am going to try that tonight!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...mmmMMMmm! ~ big pie smile!... ...xXx... ...Samantha...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...