Skip to main content

PINK ELEPHANTS AND MORE...................





I am absolutely in love with all the Moroccan and Indian influences we are seeing in decorating as of late.  Since it was 108 degrees in Phoenix yesterday....I think that anyone living HERE would feel right at home with the current trend.  Since trends are short lived....I really don't spend any money changing out my decor....but I will alter some of my existing things to make them feel a little more like we are in Marrakesh (sp?)......besides anyone who knows me knows of my fondness for color and accessories.


Got out the spray paint and painted an old, old elephant plant stand that used to be an off white color.....sewed a bead square on a existing pillow........brought another pillow from another room and put it with a wonderful Indian quilt that I found while traveling.....


Used my hot glue gun and glued on an old cross to a seltzer bottle.....don't know if that has an Indian feel....but I liked the look...


Wrapped an iron lantern with great lines in lace to give it a soft diffused light....and I like how it is so unstructured.....


and last but not least hung an old gate I purchased at a flea market in Montana a few years ago......


I have a very large window in my home and it needed a little something.....the gate is distressed the softest of blue color and it reminds me that I have a gate to my wonderful world and my gardens......

Didn't spend a dime on any of these things....simply used them in a new way....
You know my motto:  "Use it up....wear it out....make it do.....or do without."   Besides it was to darn hot to do ANYTHING outside....so I fiddled around inside.

Have a wonderful day,

Jo



Comments

  1. Isnt it just fun to use what we have, and change around. You have achieved a very cool morroccan look.. love your ideas.
    I have a friend, who recently hung a birdcage in her window and put ivy hanging from it.. it really lookes cool.
    enjoy it all Jo.
    best wishes
    val

    ReplyDelete
  2. 108 degrees. Yikes!!!! You are so very talented, Jo. I love that bottle. You have given me an idea.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic ideas...I love that lantern with the draped fabric...I am going to try that one !!! Love the elephant table too...Great color!! Love your motto Jo...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great redoes! And your elephant table looks like it just was unloaded from the boat. I bet Montana is calling your name loud and clear now the it is warming up here.
    Hugs,
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love what you did! I believe in using what you have in new ways, too. So many ideas. I do love the richness of the Indian or Bohemian looks. I need some more colour in my life, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 108 degrees...holy moly. That's hot. I don't think we were much above the mid 40's today. YUP...stinking chilly here today and for the rest of the week we'll only be up to the LOW 60's. I looooong for some heat...but not 108.
    You did some amazing stuff with your re-dos. You are very ceative and I love your sense of "fun" in your style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo-What good ideas. I love the lantern and the draped fabric. You are VERY good with a glue gun, too! Hope you have a great day-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your creative ideas. Very inspiring and we share the same motto! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Jo, you are a woman after my own heart here! I swear we are connected on some metaphysical level or something...LOVE the seltzer bottle...absolutely awesome accent! And the lantern and the window treatment and the lamb...lol...I'll just live vicariously though you my dear! Big hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I enjoyed yours very much. I love what you have done here. I also love the photos of the flowers.Very inspiring.. I may do a painting of some flowers someday..
    Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...