Skip to main content

"ONE HAS TO GROW UP WITH GOOD TALK IN ORDER TO FORM THE HABIT OF IT"

                                                  ~~~~Helen Hayes~~~~~


Our habits.......whatever they may be........are generally formed during childhood.

We learned our habits thru.....

IMMITATION

IMMITATION

IMMITATION

Of our PARENTS,  our SIBLINGGS, our PEER GROUP.

TODAY THE CHOICE TO MAKE......

NEW PATTERNS...

NEW CHOICES....

NEW BEHAVIOR.......

IS OURS to make....

"Let's all watch our thoughts......because thoughts....

become words......

Watch our words........because words.....

become action

Watch our actions........because actions......

become one's character."

I can almost hear my grandma saying this to me today........can't you?

Love to all,

Jo





 

Comments

  1. Jo, you are just adorable! What a beautiful photo! Thank you so much for all of your visits and well wishes... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely
    grammy you are
    and how cute is
    this photo??!
    Your quote is
    spot on. Love
    it!
    xx Suzanne
    PS: Thank you
    for all of your
    kind and thoughtful
    comments on P&H.
    It truly means
    so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Jo...so precious! And super beautiful words! Fabulous post!

    And thankyou for your lovely words too!
    hugs
    kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and happy picture!! The words of wisdom are SO true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,my dear friend Jo!!!-)*

    You are SO wonderful grandmammie:-)))*
    You smile reflect your soul and these is amazing!!!

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Gads if thats not soooo true!! You are One Wise Cookie! Huggs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! I always make an effort to talk positively around my son and not be critical...and this is something due to the fact i was raised by an extremely critical mother. Everyday was a day of "constructive" criticism as she called it. To this day i have vowed to never criticize my boy and thank goodness i don't.

    Beautiful photo of you and your grandchild Jo!!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have inspired me , no truer words were spoken.

    Thanks
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Jo,
    Very well said, and you are a beautiful Grandma!!!
    Thank you for your visit, it is always a pleasure Jo. And good luck with the giveaway!!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, my grandma could have said that! She was a good grandma and I loved her. I can see that you are a good grammy, too. Great photo of the two of you! Did any one ever tell you that you look like Doris Day? You sure do in that photo! Anyone remember her?

    Have a good day!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jo!! What a beautiful space you have here...I adore it and I'm so glad we've connected via Kiki, another beautiful soul. Thank you for your kind words and for visiting my blog. Great to meet you and I'll definitely be back to visit. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...