Skip to main content

HI SANTA........IT'S ME.................



Dear Santa ~~~
I've spent 65 Christmases with you.....yep sixty-five......and I know I've asked for a lot over the years.....but this year, I want to keep it simple.

Just one thing on my list this year.
Can you please fix it so people begin communicating VERBALLY again.

No....not on a computer, or texting or twittering and tweeting.  Not facebook or answering machines: press one for English......two for Spanish.....or blackberries or blueberries.... (O:(O:....but actual face to face conversations.

A phone call here, a nod hello, a simple thank you, a warm smile and a kind how are you....actually making eye contact.

This is all I'm asking for Santa....I know you are so very busy this time of year...but as someone who has been a faithful believer for 60 plus years...I know you won't push my request aside.
BTW......we have great  cookies HERE this year!!!  LOL  I figure a little bribe won't hurt. (O:

Christmas sparkles to all,

Jo



Comments

  1. I love this post,I would have many true friends near me...but the ones that I have are by Internet,I would seat withe them to drink a coffe and smile and talk a lot about our life.This is my secret desire,that I bring in my heart by many years...next year,I hope to realize it, same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read a post on another blog about the personal service we used to get in stores, banks, etc. I love my bank because when I walk in the door, I'm greeted by name.

    I try to smile and make eye contact with the people I pass on the street, I thank the service people at stores and gas stations, and I try to pick up the phone and call rather than always rely on email to check in with folks (although I'm not always so great on this last point).

    I don't know how to reach you verbally, but I'm sending you a spoken greeting right now! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I'm not much of a phone person, but I do love snail mail. Not only has technology stepped in the way of good old fashioned mail, but so have the prices of stamps. With so many out of work, who can afford to send simple cards anymore.

    I'm with you, Jo. I long for the old days. Was such a joy to get a Christmas cards. Now all my greetings comes through Yahoo.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a few years ahead of you and I could not agree more with this post. My only thanks for a computer is to have Skype so I can talk with a camera to all my overseas friend and for free. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come live by me...

    I talk to everyone on the street,
    I smile, I nod, I wish people a good morning.
    I hold doors open and help people cross the street.

    Most people respond back to me,
    and if they don't, well, that is alright
    because I know I was cordial and showed
    kindness to another.

    Been like that all my life
    and not about to change things up now.

    lol

    hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real in person chats, now that is a good idea. Just add snail mail letters and you have my vote on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jo... wonderful post, and I wish for the same thing, although I would not have met you and many other lovely ladies if not for the internet... but a kind word or a thank you always makes my day... this morning when I went to our post office to mail a package first thing, I helped a lady with her package, actually, I carried it all the way in, even though she was quite capable of doing so... not a word of thanks!... I had to speak my mind, and told her a simple thank you would have been nice... I got a snippety snort and nothing else... I told her my mama had raised me with manners, but apparently hers had not... no Christmas spirit in her... xoxo Julie Marie (What HAS happened to manners and being nice)?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am SOOO with you on this, Jo! I hate all the gymnastics it takes to actually get through to people sometimes! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jo, I agree completely, a hand written letter in my mail box brings me so much joy. I fear it is a lost art. Have a wonderful evening, xoxox Christel

    ReplyDelete
  10. You. Are. So. Right....Write!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, to long for the good ol days... BUT, if not for this kind of communication, how could we have ever met face to face? :) You/we really should skype...

    Have yourself a glittery Christmas too Jo..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally with you on this one Jo! I love receiving mail..be it letter or card and love phone calls too (which hardly ever happens for me.)

    So I stand with you in resonance on this communique' to Santa...and hopefully everyone's stocking will be filled with this, this year!

    Thanks for a Beautiful Thought!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, this is a good wish. Electronic communication has taken over. I even find myself emailing back and forth with the person in the office right next to mine. It seems faster and more efficient than getting up and going there. But I think this all tends to isolate us sometimes. The world is moving so fast and time is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post, sweet Jo. We humans depend far too much on our electronics. They will never replace the warmth we receive when in the presence of another, particularly one we love or feel very close to. I hope Santa obliges you and that you have a wonderful holiday season. Hugs, Mina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...