Skip to main content

IT IS TIME TO "UNDECORATE"!!!...................






I love hopping around all the beautiful decorator blogs...I think the all white decor is lovely and the little touches of Aqua that seem to be everywhere are inspiring.

HOWEVER.....at this point in my retirement life...I CANNOT AFFORD to redo everything I own and replace all my existing things...so with that thought in mind..I wanted to share a book with all of you that I recently came across.  It is written by Christiane Lemieux the proprietor of the wonderful shop DWELL.




The above photos are in this inspiring publication...showing us that we can live with things we own and love and put them together in quirky ways.  






SO....surround yourself with the things you love....don't pay attention to all the "decorator perfect homes out there".

UNDECORATE...I say....make your home uniquely yours...don't have it be a clone of every other home out there...





Each time you come home to your haven it should reflect who you are....not somebody else.  Don't follow the trend....UNDECORATE....I say.

(O:(O:(O:

Hugs to all,

Jo

Comments

  1. Thanks for the post.
    I am enjoying it
    and know it will linger with me today.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Undecorating seems to be catching on as people become more familiar with living with colour again after all these years of earth tones.
    Thank you for not being a carbon copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undecorate--a great term! I have always just put things where I wanted. Not always inspired or interesting, but it feels like home to me. I love coming home--it feels like my refuge and retreat. Thanks for giving me a term to describe it. My home is undecorated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes i could not agree more and have always done this!!!
    Another great post Jo!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been undecorating for years -- I just didn't know what it was called!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY, I love your Bohemian look! DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post. I guess I have always been one to have my home just the way I want it with things I love all around me. So I have been an undecorater and never knew it until today. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I absolutely love your blog.
    I decided to have a quick look at it since you posted a comment on my blog and I wondered how you did find my blog?
    Love,
    Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When my house became white about 25 years ago, everyone thought I was nuts. Now look... Just do what makes your place a home to YOU. right? right!
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful idea! It is like giving yourself permission to be totally free spirited and unique. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo nothing never made more sense than your post tonight. haha I totally agree with you. Much more fun to live this way than the other. I have done it most of my life.
    Thanks sweetie for always leaving me words of encouragement
    love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hip,
    hip,
    hooray!!!!
    And amen to that.
    THIS does seem
    to be the true
    style of the day.
    About time : )
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Post Jo and I'm unanimous in that assessment of how we should feather our nests! *winks* And thank you for weighing in with your perspective and encouraging words to my Post... perhaps I idealize how other peeps are living and in actuality many folks are struggling with the very same issues of Life... whew, now I don't feel so much like the Lone Ranger!!! *LOL* Yep, I do move my huge stash of Lovelies around... and every so often out the door and on to new Homes... its a process... and I'm getting there... like eating an elephant one bite at a time! Perhaps this is weird, but now that we're at Retirement age I'm finding myself gravitating to desiring a simplicity to Life and attempting to detach enough to 'let go' of a lot of the material stuff. Tall order since I've accumulated so much and enjoy the Thrill of the Hunt, but it is liberating... May your Undecorating go so well that you couldn't imagine bringing in new stuff to replace the old... Sentimental stuff has such character and memories anyway, you can't manufacture that...

    Blessings from the AZ Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all details of this post and the spirit and soul you write your "comments"...nice to meet you sweet blogger and share of course !!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool! i love those orangey chairs!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...