Skip to main content

STAYED IN..........NO ADVENTURE TODAY!..........



Today we had planned on driving to Boerne pronounced (Bernie)  an artsy fartsy community about 45 minutes from Kerrville....but sweet hubby didn't feel well so we ended up staying on the coach all afternoon.

When I'm home in AZ, I always find things to keep me busy; laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc.  But, here on the coach you can get those things accomplished in about l5 minutes so you have LOTS of time left over!!

Therefore, since I was forced to stay in, with nothing to do.....I decided to be a little creative.


I haven't been drawing very long but I thought I could tackle a simple rose.

The first pic is with an antique treatment  that comes with my photo program.
The second pic is with the sepia treatment.

This last pic is the original drawing not altered in the least.


It seems as though I have to force myself to do anything creative when I am in my home, but on the coach, I'm able to be creative when the need arises.

How do all of you real artists out there make yourselves take the time to do your art??
It seem like I have a heck of a time settling down so I can do that!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blessings dear friends.

Jo

 

Comments

  1. Hi Jo!

    That is a beautiful rose you drew!
    Blogging for me is a way to unleash my creativity when I'm not rearranging the furniture or painting something. I have alot of time during the day because I'm now living in a new part of Canada , 3,000 miles away from family and my girlfriends. So this blogging has kepted me sane and helped me make great friends. Keeps the loneliness at bay!
    And when i said I'm enjoying your trip i mean't it!! Love hearing about those cowboys lol !
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jo, you need to keep it up and please show us all your artwork!! Love all the effects but I like the original the best! Glad you are still enjoying the trip. Sometimes it is nice just to sit back and relax together - that could be better! Hope hubby is feeling better.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I meant to say - WHAT could be better! What a goof..

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!!!
    Enjoy your non driving days!!!!
    I am not artsy at all, I can create some art projects or crafts, but cannot draw at all, and I think yours is amazing!!!!
    Great job!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jo! I just found your blog! Would love it if you came and linked up with me!
    http://fabricphotomemories.blogspot.com
    Lovey

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Aunt Amelia" was here.

    Which means I read and enjoyed and want to write a big Comment. But I can't stay on line, long enough to do so. -Bleahhh-

    So I'm leaving this weird comment all over Pretty Blog Land.

    Oh and it's HOT here, too!!! -Bleahhhh-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!

    I've heard that writers set aside an hour or so each day to do nothing but write. You could start by setting aside time to do nothing but paint and see where that takes you.

    I'm having a drawing for something very "shiny" at my blog. If you get a chance, pop over...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,dear Jo!-)))*
    I like you drawing very much,is realy pretty and little byt sentimental...Love it!!!

    My warm hugs for you,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...