Skip to main content

SWEET SPOTS ALONG THE ROAD..............


Well......we are on the road again traveling South to our little winter spot.

Once, again, I apologize for not being able to check in with all of you who visit...it seems that it takes so long for me to download any pictures that the blogs I want to visit are almost impossible
to see.



We came upon this beautiful wall art in a very small Italian restaurant along the way....
I loved the colors and the content not to mention the great food.


An old cemetery along the highway....the sign said it was established in l833......
Lots of stories here....I'm sure


Heavenly cottages along the way with flowers galore!!



And last but not least a GREAT LITTLE HOT DOG STAND called JUNK YARD DOG
WE PLAN ON HAVING LUNCH THERE TOMORROW!!

We'll keep you posted about the "dogs"


More pics to come!!

Hugs to all,

Jo


 

Comments

  1. You all must have so much fun during your travels. The pictures are great, some beautiful scenery. I hope you enjoy those hot dogs. Cute name for the place. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You post such fun photos! I would love to visit the cemetery you show here. Wow! I imagine there is real history there. Cool Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JO!!!! Continue to have a fabulous time!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see where we are going tomorrow!
    Drive safely
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Josette Sweetie...
    What fun it looks like you are having. I love it because where you go, I get to go too. So beautiful. I love the old gypsy wagon that is just gorgeous, love the red.

    The Italian restuarant painting so vibrant, and oh my gosh I love the little house with the gorgeous flowers and the shadow on the side of the doorway.

    Now I can't wait to have a Junkyard Dog. Don't forget to let me know how wonderful they are. Sounds just dandy for sure. I'll take a chili cheese dog please.

    Have fun and be safe. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! What beautiful pictures. You have the life I hope to have someday...Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~*Love your photos Jo!! Thanks for sharing~* Hugs,Rachel~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these images of yours today....Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a fascination with old cemeteries. I always wonder about their lives, etc. love it. Have a fun, safe trip...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jo
    Wishing you a very enjoyable time.. Thank you for sharing your journey.
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending a sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm. Jo, I'm so happy to see that you are both enjoying your trip and finding so many beautiful things along the way! Be safe and have fun! Ciao, bella! Can't wait to hear about the hot dogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures Josette..you have done well.
    I love the first one!
    Enjoy!

    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific! I'm impressed that you managed to get these posted on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo,

    Tales from the road-I love it!!! Keep us posted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Jo.....such a lovely journey..gorgeous photos! awesome post...
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Josette,

    So happy to hear you are having a lovely time on the road. Your photos are very beautiful. Have a safe trip.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a lovely trip, along some great back roads!

    You commented in my blog; "...so loved the movie Practical Magic...we used to have a home on the Island where it was filmed and lots of stories went around town about the actors!!"

    What fun! To have had a home on the island, where it was filmed. I read that the crew painted the town white [down-street I suppose], and then repainted it back to usual colors, after the film was shot. Was that so?

    And did you get to see the shell of the beautiful old house?????? Before the set was struck????? Of if so, please tell me about it. :-)

    That house is almost the star of that film. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Auntie....in response to your question....yes we did see the shell of the house. It was constructed in San Juan County Park....however, or little town was not the town where they painted the road white...i do not know where that happened...it was fun having part of that file shot in the little spot where we lived.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...