Skip to main content

ON SOCRATES AND DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW...............................

                                                
 


"THE CONSUMMATE MIND...WROTE NOTHING, ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING,
AND MADE HIS  MARK BY STANDING AROUND A ROCK AND QUESTIONING PEOPLE......

HIS OBSESSION WAS THE NATURE OF TRUTH....OF WISDOM.....OF THE GOOD AND VIRTUOUS LIFE."

I THINK ALL OF US  IN THIS LIFE ARE A LITTLE LIKE SOCRATES......WITH EACH OF US BEING ENTITLED TO OUR OWN OPINIONS.....WHILE BEING OPEN TO OTHER INTERPRETATIONS.   ALL THE WHILE......SETTING STANDARDS FOR OURSELVES  AND ABIDING BY THEM EVEN IF ANOTHER PERSON WILL NOT BE PLEASED.

LET'S STAY TRUE TO OUR BELIEFS .... AND THAT INNER WISDOM THAT COMES WHEN WE ARE IN TUNE WITH OUR MAKER.

HUGS,

JO


"I cannot give you the formula for success.....but I can give you the formula for failure........TRY TO PLEASE EVERYBODY...."

   Herbert Bayard Swope

I think my grama would've liked this!!! 
  


Comments

  1. Ah, thank you for this. It is important we stay true to our beliefs. Sometimes we need a reminder.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Jo..! I truly celebrate everyone for what they beleive and feel is true for them..we all can find what feels like truth within..and there we are all empowered!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! A great reminder to remain true to ourselves. We cannot be all things for all people, nor should they expect us to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic post! I love it when you make me think and ponder!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good post. I don't think we can be happy if we do not stay true to our beliefs. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one woman of substance to another...Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jo, this is beautiful...yes, we have an inner connection to truth, but we have to exercise the mind to get to it....I love Socratic questioning in my teaching and those Greeks really had something going..classic and true, we still abide by many of their standards without even knowing it. HEYYYYYYY! After a long 12 hour day on the first day at school, I was delighted to find a LOVELY package waiting for me!!! JO YOU ARE WONDERFUL! A beautiful notepad, a darling little tag ( I LOVE THEM AND COLLECT THEM) and a delicious magazine. I know that I will enjoy it to the hilt dearest.

    Merci mille fois! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful words of wisdom, and timely reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Socrates~ Full of wisdom and divine inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...