Skip to main content

MIRROR...MIRROR ON THE WALL.......




 I know....this is a picture of a sofa AND NOT A MIRROR.....but there is a reason.

I just received the most fabulous mirror from one of the best stores in Kansas.

In some of my previous posts I have indicated that sweet hubby and I do some traveling in a motor home.  We go all over the country....and have quite a good time.  Anyway....we were in Kansas City, MO.....a fabulous city I might add; and I saw an add for a little store across the bridge in Praire Village, KS named CURIOUS SOFA.  With a name like that I could not resist; so we went on over for a look.  I bought a few little things and we continued on our journey.  That was over two years ago.  

Well....since I've started blogging, I ran across Curious Sofa's blog and I check in periodically  Low and behold.......last time I checked in I saw this.......


I usually would not post about stuff I buy; but this find was so  beautiful and special I wanted to share it with you.


I love the little finial on the top.....it unscrews, and the mirror is in that perfect state 
of old and chippy.

I love mirrors; and have many hanging in my home.  I think it is because of the light reflection and what the mirror reflects that sets my heart a patter.

This one was too perfect to pass up!!


Did you notice the little platforms on each side.....too cute!

Oh.....can you tell I'm overjoyed!!

Ok.....enough......I just had to share my special treasure.

Have a great rest of the week dear friends.

Jo 

Comments

  1. A great tale with a happy ending. I love the mirror, Jo!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mirror; I hope someday to go to this shop!
    How fun~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you shared your great new treasure!! Enjoy!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, This is gorgeous and reminds me of some of the stuff we've been digging out of our barn as we live in the house where my hubby grew up and his pa never threw one thing out! Have a good weekend coming up, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh great find! can't wait to see where you put it up..it's lovely!

    xxx

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mirrors too! So I certainly applaud your happiness and luck. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting piece. Just wondering if it is old or a new piece made to look that way. Looks great either way!
    Country Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...