Skip to main content

LITTLE BOYS.......ANTS, SNAILS AND PUPPY DOG TAILS....


This weekend we finally were able to see our grandson.  Sweet hubby and I have not seen him for over a month due to my foot being broken and the fact that we came down with some kind of horrible virus that lasted a little over three weeks.

Anyway, he spent the weekend with us and we had a blast.  Grandma wanted to treat him so I took him to Toys R Us.  You know......the toy store that has EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD THAT MAKES A SOUND OR LIGHTS UP!!!

Ok......so I asked him what he wanted to get; and he told me he wanted a new book.
I was very impressed that he would want a book out of everything he could have chosen.
"Yeah, Grandma, I want "The Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid".  "What", I said.  He repeated the same thing again.  Ok......I'm thinking, I know little boys are obsessed with bodily functions so maybe this book is out there.  How would I know??

We get to the store, he runs right to the book section............and this is what he finds!!!!


I thought I would pee my pants, I laughed so hard.   Oh.........how I LOVE my Grandson!!!

Blessings dear friends.....have a great week!!

Jo

Comments

  1. That is the cutest thing ever Jo! I am still laughing, becuse my oldest grandson also reads the Diary series, so I already knew what was coming...just precious aren't they? xoxo Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is a little doll and how funny. I know you and Gramps had the bestest time. I have a nine year old great grandson, Kane who favors your sweet boy and wonder if he also reads the diarrhea series:) Too funny and if you don't mind sharing..........what photo program do you use to get the round backgrounds on black? They are just stunning. Hugs, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute grandson. This story is PRICELESS! Great that he wanted a book and how fun to spend treasured time together. Happy memories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little boy and he loves to read!
    That's so wonderful. I love his pronunciation! Hilarious! Only out of the mouth of babes.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm! I just love the name of your blog. My grandmas Edna and Ellen were tremendous women - I wish I knew them better and longer. I found you on The Feathered Nest and had to stop by, happy I did. Love the grandson story - kids are wonderful! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, love seeing new posts-
    Totally agree- finding what you love is so important.

    Love the Diary of a Whimpy kid, my kids loved those books, and i think a movie is coming out too.
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! I was thinking it must be a new Captain Underpants book or something... I love it! So adorable. He might not think it's so funny in about five years or so, but it's stilll hilarious!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. A boy that loves to read! That is so awesome! You can never have too many books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jo, That is the Cutest thing..... so this is what I have to look forward to when Miller gets older ~ up till now, My 2 Gran Daughters have Only been Sugar & Spice ~ well, Mostly.....

    I should remember it well from My Son, but something about the Grands or is it just, Me getting Older ~ Glad Your Feeling Better (How's the Foot?)

    Have a Wonderful Week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's fantastic! I have 2 little boys and you're right, they ARE obsessed with bodily functions, and knowing some of the books that are around these days I wouldn't be surprised if there was one about diarrhoea! Karen x ps. thanks for dropping by the blog, always appreciated! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Jo...that is the cutest thing...I think it is great he likes to read!!! My grandsons do as well...

    Nice to hear you and your hubby are feeling better...those darn bugs can take a lot out of people!!!
    Have a great day...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. -chuckle- Yes, my Grand son loves those books too.

    There's a film now too.

    So glad you got to have this visit!!!

    ^_^
    .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...