LIFE 101..Instructions for Life from the Dali Lama...
No...I am not Buddhist....in fact; I am a born again Christian. However, often I find myself exploring other religions and trying to gain pearls of wisdom where I can, when I can.
I have had this little article for sometime and I thought it was a great one to share with everyone who is interested.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE....from the Dali Lama
* Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
* When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
* Follow the 3 R's: Respect for self, respect for others and responsibility for all your
* Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
* Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
* Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
* When you have made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
* Spend some time alone every day.
* Open your arms to change, but don't let go of values.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good honorable life, then when you think back, you will be able to remember
it a second time.
* A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
* In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
* Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
* Be gentle with the earth.
* Once a year, go someplace you have never been before.
* Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
*Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
* Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
My grandmother was a very devout Christian during her time; but I think she would have liked what the Dali Lama had to say on this matter.
I hope you do too!!!!
Blessings dear friends,