Skip to main content

JUST A LITTLE MORE COLOR ..TO COLOR MY WORLD


We have lived in our current house going on 9 years.  Since my sweet hubby retired, we have moved and remodeled often, so we wanted to make sure we would stay here for a while before we did any work on this current house.

About 3 or 4 years ago, we decided that it was time for us to tackle some of these projects in this house that was built sometime in the l970's.




We tackled the kitchen first, since it was original to the house and was old and a little funky.  

This kitchen is not very big, nor is my house, so we did add on a little space at the far end.

This is how it turned out.   A bowl full of color, just what we like!!





This kitchen makes me smile each time I walk through.   It is a pleasure to cook in and to eat in!!!  I think that should be what it is about, don't you??

Blessings dear friends,

Jo 






Comments

  1. Oh Jo, your kitchen is gorgeous! It looks sooo much prettier after you remodeled it! And I love all of your hutches, dishes, accessories... it looks so warm and inviting, I am sure it is a pleasure for you to cook and eat in it! Beautiful! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That doesn't even look like the same house! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous kitchen! I didn't think the first one was too bad, but your remodel was spectacular. I'm with you. I love all the chippy whites and burlaps, but I've GOT TO HAVE COLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adoring it !
    smiling profusely :)
    cheering wildly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,dear Jo!!!-)*

    This is great chaanging in you home,such warmly colors,such lovely places everywhere!

    What I can seeing is: The sunny,lucky home!-)***

    Much love and blessings,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! Your kitchen is amazing, love what you done. I can only imagine all the happy hours you have shared there.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is a dream! I also love color in my home. I do appreciate the whites and taupes, but we need color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing transformation.
    It's beautiful.

    hugs

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys really did a great job on the kitchen. Wow. I love the color punches. Your plate rack cupboard is my favorite piece. Love it all though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello...stopped over from Debbie's Art Work blog...your white kitchen was nice but the finished product is amazing...it obviously speaks about who you are and what you love!!! Wonderful work...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Smokes Jo! Your kitchen remodel is fabulous! I love the transformation and your cabinetry and tile work is so charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo
    Your kitchen turned out fabulous! It is amazing what a little color will do, not to mention all the hard work!
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jo, I have to say that I loved your white kitchen, but WOW! What you did is truly amazing! I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had forgotten how icky that kitchen was!!!! Great before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow.....what a transformation!!! your new kitchen is fabulous.....i can see why you love your new space!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for coming over! I'll be posting more every day (except for a small detour when my new Grandbaby gets here)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is fabulous and so welcoming! All of your hard work surely paid off ~ I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years to come :) Judi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonjour Jo,
    You and your husband have done an amazing job. I really like the countertops and the island. I'm sure it is a joy to cook in such a fabulous place.
    A bientôt,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That is a wonderful makeover!!! I love it, you did a beautiful job, can't tell that it's even the same kitchen. Cooking must be a wonderful treat in that dream of a room!
    Kate
    And btw, I love the white rooms also, but every time I try to have a white room in my house, it ends up a color! I'm with you there! Have a wonderful time with your company, sorry about the tootsie! But your boot looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ummm...when your foot heals will you come over here and fix mine? This is gorgeous. Love the rich color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...