Skip to main content

40 YEAR OLD STOCKINGS - AND NOT ONE HOLE!!



 These Christmas stockings were the first ones I ever bought for my children who are
now 38 and 42 years old.  I've put them away all these years and digging them out has brought  back a flood of memories.  As you can see, they were more like dolls with a hook at the top for hanging and the little pouch in front was for slipping in little presents.  I found them at a Hallmark store that was designed to specifically showcase Christmas things.  Isn't this trip down memory lane a hoot!

Warmest greeting to you all!

Jo

Comments

  1. Hello Jo.... oooh how wonderful! And what precious memories those stockings hold! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best! Memories are so beautiful.
    Happy VCM to ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really cute and with all the shopping I've done in Hallmark, I have never seen them before. Thanks for sharing Jo. Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you shared something that is so personal to you! Great memories. xo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great and I can't believe they were Hallmark items!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable stockings! I have never seen any shaped like dolls. Too cute!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stockings are so cute! And I like the idea of that Hallmark just having Christmas things. I bet that was pretty neat!
    Happy VCM!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen anything like them...they are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stockings are so precious, how wonderful that you've hung on to them all these years!
    Thank you so much for entering my giveaway, best of luck!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stockings! Oh how I wish you could go on the tour Saturday. I think it's going to be a blast. We'll have to meet up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it is a small blog world! We are on Bierney Creek Road. Maybe I'll see you next summer.
    Thanks for becoming a follower. That makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun it must have been to pull those out! Love them!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...