Skip to main content

O.K. -- NOW IT IS TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!

Now that Thanksgiving is over and we should be ready for the next round of eating it is time to talk about Christmas.

I am old enough to remember a time when the Christmas Season did not start until the beginning of December.  In today's world it  seems Christmas begins in October.  It is not uncommon, at all, to see Christmas decorations displayed right along with skeletons and Halloween masks.  I don't know - I kinda' miss the old times - don't you?  It seems like it was a gentler time.  

That is why Blogland is so great.  All of you out there seem to like vintage stuff and the simpler the better - this is such a special community to be in  - and I for one am READY TO DO CHRISTMAS!

So here goes - just something I made from junk I had around the house.  It turned out well don't you think?

Took an old nightlight - glued on Christmas stuff I had around the house and voila' a cool looking Christmas night light.  I plan on using this in a gift exchange with friends.  Cost?  $l.50.  How's that for simple and frugal.

Santa is commin',

Bless you all -

Comments

  1. A wonderful idea indeed. As you said simple and frugal. I love blogland~ where else could you see such a variety of vintage Christmas stuff! xo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nightlight turned out really lovely! Such a great idea, because you can get those pretty cheap, and then really transform them like you did!
    Happy Vintage Christmas!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still amazed at this! You are on a roll SIL !!!!! Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are rolling right into Christmas with the sweet little nightlight. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josette, I just discovered your blog and I couldn't be more delighted! I agree with you about missing things the way they used to be. This year I am making most of my kids presents. We are vintage lovers, too and would rather have something old for a gift than something from the mall:) Have a great week! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the nightlight and you can't beat the cost! This will make a great gift for your gift exchange.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like things to look old and traditional. It is important to kids to have traditions even when they are young adults.
    For the life of me I couldn't figure out what this was. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you, I remember when Christmas started first of December and we looked forward to it with immense joy and pleasure. We lived a lot more simply, with a lot fewer gifts but those gifts were the sacrifice of our parents. Many times, Mother and Daddy would go without so we children could have something special.
    For me, Christmas will always be that kind of love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...