Skip to main content

MY BANNER IS FINALLY DONE









Well, it has taken some time, but Michelle from Shabby Creations has finally finished my banner.  She did a great job, don't you think.  This was a fun project as I put things that were meaningful to me in my banner.  My grandmother Maupin died when I was very young, but to this day when I think of her , I realize how much she influenced me.   She dressed  beautifully in her time, was very spiritual and gave me the only doll I ever owned.  Her home was one of comfort and warmth to a little girl who came from less than an ideal environment.  Her house was close to mine in the little town where we lived.  I would often walk over to visit and she would make me a wonderful lunch and show me her latest gardening successes in her yard.  I surely miss her, and as I have gotten older, am beginning to realize no matter how long someone is in your life they can truly make a difference.  So please, dear friends, open your eyes today and notice everyone and anyone who you come in contact with -  you never know how much they will influence you.

On another note, this morning while wandering around blogland, I came across another wonderful giveaway.  The Brocantess is having a beautiful giveaway, please click her to enter:  http://brocantess.blogspot.com to enter.  YOU WILL LOVE THIS!

Comments

  1. Oh Jo!! It's just BEAUTIFUL!! I love everything! What a wonderful collage of treasures and it looks so good with your background too! We women love for our "homes" to be pretty don't we?? I hope your day is going great sweetie ~ and you're right, we should always remember that how we treat someone, even if it's for a short time, it could affect their day, week or even more! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has done a fabulous job. The banner is so special. I also like the old keys on the labels on the side bar.
    I am glad for you that you had your grandmother to soften the harshness. We should always try to be the person in someones life that makes that difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your sweet comment! I am loving traveling up the coast as seeing sights that I haven't see for years. And in a travel trailer is a first for me.

    Your banner is indeed a work of art from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is looking so lovely! Thank you for following me along on my latest adventure!
    xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and well done. Looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo,

    This is just beautiful, and I know how much your grandma meant to you.....when we keep the people that loved us close in our heart, they never really ever go away.....Love you! Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right after the war...when I was quite young.  Memories are almos

PUTTING ON MY GYPSY SHOES......................

Bo Bunny Paper Collection Well.......the coach is packed...the laundry done in the condo....and we will be on our way tomorrow. I often do feel like a gypsy moving from one spot to another....and each year my gratitude grows as I am able to continue this lifestyle. I truly would love to "do up" my coach in Gypsy Style...but alas....not too practical as things probably would be flying all over as we traveled down the road.  (O: But.....a girl can dream.....can't she? ~~~ My suitcase is packed with memories To be opened further down the road When my caravan must be halted The bag waits to be opened Stories to be told and shared Like the gypsy's of so long ago But for now....the wheels keep turning And my case grows larger still Waiting for the day..I must be stopped   And my heart, to the brim, will be filled Hugs from me to you, Jo Gypsy photos:  Electric Gipsyland on Flickr

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS

This is a picture of our little tree this year.  Each year our trees seem to be smaller, a function of our getting older and just wanting to deal with less stuff.  I'm sure a few of you feel them same.  Although it does seem to be a little weird that we want to deal with fewer Christmas decorations and give each other MORE STUFF in the way of presents under the tree.   Ahhh...being human is such a quandary sometimes!                                          MERRY CHRISTMAS                                                          Jo