2020..can you believe it? With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here. Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate. Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store. With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there. Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye. Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration. No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...
The news is all bad because the media profits from it. I do not watch it and try to live in the world of hopefulness where most of us exist.
ReplyDeleteI have a Buddha in one of my gardens and hope to get the laughing Buddha for another one.
An apple a day helps Buddha pray?
ReplyDeletePhilippians 4:8 has beautiful advice for us harried modern people: what so ever things are lovely, what so ever things are true what so ever things are pure .... think on those things.
ReplyDeleteI have a statue of Mary in my garden and a statue of Buddha too.
Amen, Jo. You just wonder what can possibly happen next, don't you? What a world we have created for ourselves-xo Diana
ReplyDeleteI send my love out to the Blessed Universe many times throughout the day...it is so fulfilling and satisfying. :)
ReplyDeleteThe Laughing Buddha brings bubbles of joy upward in your spirit, doesn't he? I love that painting Jo! Such a very thoughtful post...
Namaste'
Akasa
Hugs Jo!
ReplyDeleteVictoria