Skip to main content

GIFTS FROM THE HEART..............




Personally, I love receiving home made gifts....I believe it really shows someone's caring...So, this year I have made altered bottles for my very dearest friends.


This one is for one of my oldest friends....Jan.....she is also my traveling partner....along with her wonderful husband Jeff.

Used an old bottle I found in Montana...with various pieces of embellishment.  Please notice the picture...of the peacock...my friend LOVES, LOVES, LOVES birds...in fact she has geese as pets...LOL LOL...so I thought this would be right up her alley.
I know she would have a peacock if she could coax one to stay in her yard. (O:(O:

The next  bottle is for my friend, Shirley.  
She and her husband Tom are very religious and involved deeply in their church...so I thought this would be appropriate.


The front....


The back..

This was made with an old vinegar bottle I had saved because I loved the shape....topped with an old door knob...and embellished with a little Christmas ribbon and some pearls.  I also made this one see through from the back and added a little sparkle to the inside of the bottle..by doing this I felt she could use this at other times than the holidays.

I hope they like them...as they were made with love and caring....
We have a dinner group that meets once a month...and this Saturday I will be able to share these gifts with the girls..

What have you been making this Christmas??

Hugs from my home to yours..have a beautiful weekend.

Jo


Comments

  1. Beautiful! I keep Christmas calm and bright. I let it softy fall upon me and those I love.
    I pray it will softy fall upon you.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bottles are beautiful. You have so much artistic talent. I am sure your friends will love them.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give gifts from my kitchen. I'm not creative but I like to try new recipes and share them with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are lovely!! I know Jan and Shirley will love them. The special care you gave to each one to make it just right for each of your friends...that's wonderful!!
    Thanks so much for joining me this week for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your friends will love your gifts of the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the most beautiful and unique craft I have saw in a long time, each piece is a work of art, the recipients will be over joyed to receive these beautiful gifts,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo-Those ladies are gonna love those gifts. I haven't made the first gift this year. I have been kind of sick and there has been NO time. I do have to make one gift for someone special. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love making and receiving handmade gifts too Jo. Those bottles are beautiful and thoughtful gifts for your friends. I am sure they will treasure them.

    happy weekend.

    XO Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my sweet Jo! Those bottles are absolutely stunning and certainly do make for a wonderful personal gift! Wish we lived closer so we could share some of our craft secrets. Big hugs to you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful and thoughtful gifts, Jo! Jan and Shirley are sure to love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both absolutely beautiful, and i can see the love there. I'm sure they'll be adored by their recipients! :) Festive, yet not just for Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bottles are beautiful Jo. Unfortunately I don't have a crafty bone in my body.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...