Skip to main content

A TRIP TO THE JUNK YARD...................AND THIS AND THAT......




Took a trip to the junk yard with an artist friend of mine.  It is located in Gilbert, AZ and is called Pic and Pull....full of old cars, metal pieces of all sorts and tons and tons of well.....JUNK!! (O:
You bring your own bucket....costs two bucks to get in and they figure out what you owe them when you leave. Picked up most of my finds from the ground...so the cost to me for my junk~~~~ZERO.  


Made this quirky necklace from my finds.  An old car bulb, metal pieces of various sorts...old washers and some junk jewelry...can't get a hug wearing this little ditty though...LOL LOL....somebody could get hurt. (O:(O:


This is an old car speaker glued to a junk frame.....going to use this as a holder for pierced earrings....of which I probably have a gazillion.  (O:

~~~~~~~~~~~


Last on my post today... my amaryllis....this is the second time it has bloomed this year...it bloomed at the holidays and it is blooming now.  I've never had one bloom twice.  Perhaps has something to do with all the weird weather we are having now.

I haven't been on the computer much visiting all of  you....have been spending more time outside gardening and just working in my studio.

thanks for your visits and remembering me.

Hugs from AZ,

Jo

Comments

  1. Would love to go to that junk yard with you, what fun. That amaryllis is gorgeous and two flowerings makes it very special. Have a great Sunday. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo, you give a whole new meaning to "junk jewelry"... those are fabulous!!!... xoxo Julie Marie PS So happy you love Barqs Root beer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you in a junk yard like that would be more exciting then a child on Christmas morning. You do make really interesting and beautiful things.

    Your amaryllis is gorgeous, such amazig coloring.

    If my weather allowed, I'd be outside too, instead of in the house blogging. ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, Looks like time well spent, I love your Clever Creations.... I guess No Hugging with that one~ what a great idea going to a junk yard. Love the Bloom, I have my fingers crossed for Spring to arrive real soon, we do have some green, but yesterday & today it was COLD!
    Have a wonderful week
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT a junkyard that is! Your amaryllis is absolutely beautiful. I did not know they would bloom again so soon...wow! Have a great rest of the weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love AZ this time of year~ and I adore your 'junk.' You really have a great artistic eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo! My first visit and already I love your jewellery. I am now going to have some fun going back through your older posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the great thing about Arizona. The dry climate preserves a lot of the "Junque" that is there. We visited a quirky little town called Chloride and the yards were filled with folk art creations. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, it sounds like you had a great time at the junk yard. The amaryllis is absotely gorgeous and I am green with enjy. I hope you had a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. great finds, great creation.

    time in the garden and living is the best of the best.

    stop in and visit as you can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...