Skip to main content

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH FEATHERS....................


I love feathers......there....I've said it!!
My sweet husband thinks I was probably a feather dancer in France during the Belle Epoque.  (: In particular feather boas really get my blood going.....I have several at the house in different colors, and have managed to use them in various ways.  I thought this white one would gussy up my home made wreath.

I was  looking for a few new ideas with my decorating this year....and decided that feathers were just the ticket.


I simply pinned this boa around the outside of this wreath. I will be able to use the boa for something else next year.


I also decided to use my Mardi Gras mask to adorn the top of our little tree.  I just stuck it in the top and will be able to remove it at the end of the holidays. 
Oh....I know....some of you think this is pretty weird...but feathers are so very festive and so versatile.  

Thats it from here today.

Stay well and happy.

Jo

Comments

  1. Feathers are a perfectly legit Christmas decoration -- what about that carol with all the birds in it? Three French hens, two turtle doves and a partridge. Plus swans a-swimming and geese a-laying. Have I missed any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should have kept my red boas, but I am so terrible at thinking outside the box! Love your wreath and tree!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive...Love your feathers..That mask is very colorful..cheery

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peacock feathers are gorgeous! Love the white boa encircling your lovely vintage ornaments Jo! Great twist on decorating! xoxo Christel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...