Skip to main content

DUSK......................................


Dusk is the most perfect time of day...
The bees have done their work
The birds have temporarily ceased  their songs


The ripples in the bird bath have faded to just a stir

It feels as if the earth has just taken its last inhale of the day and let its breath out slowly and ever so silently..as though to say.  Ahhhh...all is well


Now the night can do the work it does while the sun
does its work somewhere else.


Rest will come knowing rhythms and cycles continue on 



Day to night
Night to day

Nothing complicated....just simplicity...
and continuity

Be restful sweet friends

Jo

Comments

  1. I love 'dusk'. It signals to me that my work for the day has ended and it is time for 'me'. I always try to have dinner cooked and on plates before it begins. It is such a good feeling after a busy day. Your photos are lovely.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dusk is a sacred time of transition. That's why it feels special and magical, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something special about dusk, just like there is something special about you, dear Jo. Enoy your weekend.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. L'heure bleu....magical....such beautiful photos....
    Love to you, friend...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was wonderful...very restful ...Hope all is well Jo :D
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josie, you must live way down south,
    as I i have seen is snow and ice..
    I enjoyed the images and warnth, haha
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo this post is so beautiful. I love the time of day just before dusk and there is still enough light to get such a pretty picture. We have alot of white flowers in our garden later on in summer and I did a post last summer with the title of Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera. The light playing off of the white flowers was so beautiful and I love how it is playing off of yours..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...