Skip to main content

QUIET TIME................................





~~Quiet Time~~

Still the mind
Slow your breath

Breath in
Breath out

So Simple
So difficult

Mind always racing
Soft breath
Hard breath

Breath in
Breath out

So simple
So difficult

~~

Jo

Comments

  1. What beautiful golden light in that photo. Makes me feel all warm and sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more Jo, so difficult indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to that, very hard...and yet, the harder it gets the more we need it. Blessings Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture. My quiet time means the world to me. Thanks for this.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poem Jo
    and that picture is stunning.

    I especially love that Buddha lamp.

    Meditation to quiet our storm.
    I often need a reminder to quiet
    the mind.

    Of course I just woke up on
    my lazy boy chair, yawn, that
    was totally unintentional.

    lol

    hugs and blessings
    Sharon
    xoxoxox

    gettin old here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh- You have that right- to still the mind- sounds simple but sooo very difficult- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the photo Jo...

    I don't force my meditations,
    I just 'am' with it.
    Letting thoughts come and go
    at will until I am calm and
    at peace...then it is quiet
    and still. Breathing in
    and breathing out...much
    like taking a power nap,
    He He He well, as Sharon
    describes above.

    May the Blessing of the
    Morning Star light your
    way this day...
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...