Skip to main content

THIS AND THAT........ALONG THE ROAD.........








Well......we have passed through Montana and Wyoming and are currently in Colorado.....

Just wanted to share a few photos of the wonderful sculptures that lined every street of Sheridan, Wyoming.




And, of course, my absolute favorite.......


Is this rhino....not the best?  Look at the little bird on his shoulder.....complete down to the last detail...

This community is so supportive of artists...with each piece being commissioned by people in the community as an effort to keep art ALIVE.  A lot of these have  been commissioned during the last few years..during these difficult economic times.  Keeping art alive and helping artists support themselves is definitely a priority here.  I think this is so very important ...... as Art is food for the soul. 

~~~~
Hugs from me to you while on the road.

Jo
P.S.  Still really hard to visit and download blogs....took me forever to download these pics....please bear with me and understand why I'm not visiting each of you.

Comments

  1. These images are just beautiful Jo! I was gonna tell you that you should link up on my blog today, but with connection issues as they are for you right now...it seems like that may not be an option for you. Safe travels my friend, love & hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flowers. One of my favorite colors. Sounds like a wonderful community to live in...and I agree. That rhino is fantastic.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rhino too....but that horse is incredible! Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these colors absolutely knock me out! How beautiful! Hoping you are fully enjoying what looks like a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful...art is alive and kicking in Wyoming! So glad you got to see it and share!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a quaint little town you've passed through~it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly agree with you Jo...Art is food for the Soul...Happy travels xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that was a real bird on the rhino!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well KUDOES to Sheridan Wyoming. What a fun place to stroll through the streets of and enjoy all that wonderful ART.
    I agree that ART is a necessity in life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the sculptures. We'll be passing that way in the spring and we'll stop and enjoy!

    Thank you,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green island

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always wanted to visit that part of the country. I can't get all your pictures on my iPad, but I will check back tomorrow on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Food for the soul, indeed! Beautiful photos...
    Enjoy!!
    Blessings,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree that rhino is very special. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...