Skip to main content

MORE TEXAS TREASURES....................


  
You know.....I really am a believer in the LESS IS MORE philosophy....especially as I have gotten older.

But when a girl travels......the urge to shop is so........OVERWHELMING........(O:

Found these shoe forms in Kerrville and Llano.......now I don't really consider myself a collector of anything.....but I've heard that three of anything  makes a collection.
So.....I'm on the lookout !!!!!

I'm also a lover of funky ethnic jewelry......found this little ring in Fredericksburg.....


It totally matches a bracelet I found in Bisbee, AZ last year.


And last.......the carpenter's measure.  When we travel I'm limited to space so I cannot bring my whole supply of art supplies.  I forgot my ruler this time.....so I thought this little gem would fill in nicely.

Again......I'm sorry I cannot visit each of you as much as I would like.......but I am able to visit a few.........so am doing so when the WI FI is super efficient (which is unfortunately not very often).

Leaving Texas tomorrow..,....off to visit my only and FAVORITE aunt in Kansas.

Bye for now!!

Jo

Comments

  1. I always consider size when traveling and it is so frustrating!!! I love your pretty treasures! Shopping is very much the highlight of my trips...I try to stay away from furniture!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Love a good road trip! And yes shopping is what it is mostly about... finding that little out of the way shop with wonderful treasures, that is so exciting! Looks like you found some good ones! Have fun and be safe.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo!!

    Nice finds!!
    Have a good time in Kansas maybe you'll see Dorothy!

    If you ever come back to Vancouver Island you'll have to come for a visit!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jo!!!! You are traveling? HOW MAGNIFICENT! I will be gone for 10 days as soon as school lets out next week and I will SO MISS EVERYONE! I will not have access to a computer and I will not be able to stay in touch for a while. As I get older, I too find that less is more: less junk and MORE meaningful or beautiful things, thoughts and habits. Every once in a while, you catch a glimpse of something that you can certainly live with and then you find that many other things you can do without!!!!

    Lovely finds dearest, and also, thank you for visiting me on your vacation, and leaving such kind words.

    Enjoy your trip and come back with some photos!!!!Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ring! Those shoes are great. I have a collection of them (are you surprised:)and even have a boot form. They are interesting pieces to collect.
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all, 'josette' is just the loveliest name. aren't you
    glad your parents didn't name you, 'hermione?'

    your blog is beautiful and such a treat to find. well, i guess
    you found my pitiful one.

    my son attends baylor, so we are becoming acquainted with
    southern texas. have fun in kansas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...