Skip to main content

A WELCOMING GARDEN......................................


Here is the little garden that graces the front door to our new, sweet little spot.  I have always believed that your front door area  gives such an important message as to who lives inside. It is a welcome to all who visit your home. 


Most of these plantings were in place when we purchased this house.  However, the previous owner was a very tidy gardner and liked everything shaped into little tiny balls.  


Not so.....with us.  We like a much more lush feel to our gardens.  The tree in the corner is a Ficus and the previous owner was kind enough to leave it for us to enjoy.  The tree is in such a large pot that it allows the Vinca to thrive below.  I might add that much of these planting are volunteers ( which all of you KNOW THAT I LOVE.....less work).


I have always believed that a fountain will help plants thrive.....it could be inside our outside the door.....either place will give such a serene feel.


Whether your front door area welcomes inside or outside your home.....matters not.  The energy that emits to a visitor is something that will stay with them long after they have visited and returned to the world outside.  

All of us could use just a little more calm in our world.......don't you think?

Comments

  1. What a lovely entrance way. So beautiful. Makes me want to do something with my little indoor entrance. It was so good to hear from you. I miss visiting you. Hoping you are feeling and doing well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Is a sweet welcome, nice for you Jo....are you recovering from the great move?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, yes, I agree, we can all use a little more calm, and welcome, which is exactly what one would feel walking this lovely little path to your door. I love the flagstone, and the hello sign..makes me smile. Wishing you the best always, Christel

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a welcoming and soothing entrance, Jo! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful entrance way, Jo! Love the tiny Buddha's head sticking up out of that pot, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, peaceful space, very welcoming.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jo,
    What a beautiful garden, and so peaceful.. Yes, I do believe we all could use some calm in our world.
    Blessings to you
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...