Skip to main content

A WELCOMING GARDEN......................................


Here is the little garden that graces the front door to our new, sweet little spot.  I have always believed that your front door area  gives such an important message as to who lives inside. It is a welcome to all who visit your home. 


Most of these plantings were in place when we purchased this house.  However, the previous owner was a very tidy gardner and liked everything shaped into little tiny balls.  


Not so.....with us.  We like a much more lush feel to our gardens.  The tree in the corner is a Ficus and the previous owner was kind enough to leave it for us to enjoy.  The tree is in such a large pot that it allows the Vinca to thrive below.  I might add that much of these planting are volunteers ( which all of you KNOW THAT I LOVE.....less work).


I have always believed that a fountain will help plants thrive.....it could be inside our outside the door.....either place will give such a serene feel.


Whether your front door area welcomes inside or outside your home.....matters not.  The energy that emits to a visitor is something that will stay with them long after they have visited and returned to the world outside.  

All of us could use just a little more calm in our world.......don't you think?

Comments

  1. What a lovely entrance way. So beautiful. Makes me want to do something with my little indoor entrance. It was so good to hear from you. I miss visiting you. Hoping you are feeling and doing well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Is a sweet welcome, nice for you Jo....are you recovering from the great move?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, yes, I agree, we can all use a little more calm, and welcome, which is exactly what one would feel walking this lovely little path to your door. I love the flagstone, and the hello sign..makes me smile. Wishing you the best always, Christel

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a welcoming and soothing entrance, Jo! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful entrance way, Jo! Love the tiny Buddha's head sticking up out of that pot, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, peaceful space, very welcoming.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jo,
    What a beautiful garden, and so peaceful.. Yes, I do believe we all could use some calm in our world.
    Blessings to you
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right after the war...when I was quite young.  Memories are almos

PUTTING ON MY GYPSY SHOES......................

Bo Bunny Paper Collection Well.......the coach is packed...the laundry done in the condo....and we will be on our way tomorrow. I often do feel like a gypsy moving from one spot to another....and each year my gratitude grows as I am able to continue this lifestyle. I truly would love to "do up" my coach in Gypsy Style...but alas....not too practical as things probably would be flying all over as we traveled down the road.  (O: But.....a girl can dream.....can't she? ~~~ My suitcase is packed with memories To be opened further down the road When my caravan must be halted The bag waits to be opened Stories to be told and shared Like the gypsy's of so long ago But for now....the wheels keep turning And my case grows larger still Waiting for the day..I must be stopped   And my heart, to the brim, will be filled Hugs from me to you, Jo Gypsy photos:  Electric Gipsyland on Flickr

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS

This is a picture of our little tree this year.  Each year our trees seem to be smaller, a function of our getting older and just wanting to deal with less stuff.  I'm sure a few of you feel them same.  Although it does seem to be a little weird that we want to deal with fewer Christmas decorations and give each other MORE STUFF in the way of presents under the tree.   Ahhh...being human is such a quandary sometimes!                                          MERRY CHRISTMAS                                                          Jo