Skip to main content

ON GARDNERS


Gardners, by nature, are a hopeful lot.  We'll take a seed, a small cutting or a small starter plant and nurture it till it grows.  Part of this is the love of seeing the metamorphosis of the seedling to the full grown plant or bloom.


We garden with the hope that our efforts will produce something useful and beautiful in the end.  Sometimes things die, but that does not prevent us from our continued gardening efforts......we don't GIVE UP.  

I believe that the events in our world happening right now can correlate to a gardner's efforts in their own home.

Our world is FULL OF plant loving people
who garden for beauty, necessity, hobby or just for the love of getting their hands in dirt...and each one of us does this with hope in our heart's that our plant will survive and thrive. We know that we need to stick with what works and neglect the rest.  So right now stick with the positive people and people who believe we will not only survive this pandemic but we will come out of it with lessons well learned.
   

So, if you can, plant a plant, plant a seed, plant a cutting.  Love it and nurture it until it grows into something strong and healthy.  

Do this for yourself, do this for our world.
"Don't ever give up. Don't ever give in.  Don't ever stop trying.  Don't ever sell out~~and if you find yourself succuming to one of the above for a brief moment, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, whisper a prayer and start where you left off.  But never, ever, ever give up."  
Richelle E. Goodrich~Author

xo

Jo



Comments

  1. You clearly have a beautiful green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dining room has now become my greenhouse with all different varieties of veggies and flowers growing. I think about 90% of my seeds grew. There is not much that I can contribute to helping others during this time, but I can grow plants to give to others for food or just to put a smile on their face. It gives me purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen..., everyone has to find every positive bit to hang on to...freezing here, and 5 inches of snow---and I know it will be better, soon. This too, shall pass!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...