Skip to main content

LIVING IN A GREEN HOUSE....................................





June is always the hottest month in 
Arizona.


That is why, if you are able, one must surround your home with as much 
GREEN 
as possible.  Here, in the desert, much of what we see during summer months is brown...brown....brown.


So that is why Brad and I chose this little spot in order that we would feel as though we LIVED in a greenhouse.


These photos are from both inside and outside our home.  Every room has something live growing....

When you walk into our home you are looking directly into our backyard via huge glass windows.


I know....one might feel as though you were in a jungle...but it makes everything feel so very cool and refreshing.


These plants are in my kitchen on an elevated bar area...I have a huge skylight...so they get that much needed light.  Moisture from the faucet does not hurt as well.


By our front door....requires little light.


Good old pothos in the bathroom.  Hopefully it will trail all around the ceiling.


You really DO NOT have to have a green thumb to do this in your home.  Just have some decent light....somewhere....and pay attention.
Plants do quite well if left alone to do there thing...but you do have to be consistent in their care.

Hopefully you enjoyed my little tour of our greenhouse today.....we LOVE living here.

Stay happy.

Jo

Comments

  1. You have found an ideal way to create a lush green jungle cooling feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home really does look cool and inviting and yet for me, that would bring on a feeling of claustrophobia. I much prefer wide open spaces (even though it's hotter) with no trees. I think I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is drop dead gorgeous, Jo. I have such bad light I don't do well with a lot of plants in my house so I often get flowers and replace them. And of course, our summers let us be outside more easily than yours. You DO live in a green house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have an indoor green thumb. Very nice and cooling effect.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Conservatory Styling, I Love having Living Plants as often as possible in our Home and yes in the Desert it is challenging keeping everything from frying in the Summer Months. I can't wait to get a covering of some sort {probably Pergola Style} for our Inner Courtyard so I can make it my Zen Retreat with loads of Plants... for now, without covering, it's entirely too reflectively Hot for the plants so I had to move them all to the much more shaded entry Courtyard of New Villa Boheme' where they're doing much better and recovering. Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...