OH DEER.......................OH DEAR..................


I don't buy much for our house anymore.  Since our downsize we just don't have that much room and besides I gave away so much when we moved that I NEVER want to have to do that again.  


But this particular item....I could not resist.  It is a handmade deer head using old saris from India.  Pieces of straw are intertwined with beads and fabric.  His nose is a little to square...but I like things that are not so perfect.   I added the camel bells and the little bird just for decoration.  


Try not to notice the little spackle patch on the wall, as I move things around I try to patch all the nail holes from previous endeavors.  I just have not had time to paint them.  

I collect Kantha cloths from India..in fact it is probably the only thing I collect.  
You can use them in so many ways....


as door coverings...


our entry doors into the rooms in this house are all set back a ways so I can use these Kanthas as curtains so I don't have to close doors for privacy.  I like the little boho vibe it adds to our home.


This is looking into the kitchen...there is actually no door here so I hung a Kantha.


You can also use them to cover ottomans or as throws and coverlets on beds and sofas.  Since they are so very colorful you can change the feel of a room so easily without spending a ton of money.


The above photo is not a Kantha but it is a textile probably from Africa or India.  I purchased it from a company called THE SILK ROAD.  It has been all over our house as a curtain, table cover, sofa throw and now it is a piece of art hanging on the wall.  As I said these wonderful textiles are so versatile they are truly a wonderful investment.

Stay well dear friends.
Jo

Comments

  1. What an awesome find? I always admire your talent for decorating. You have an eye for it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of the scarves. You have very good and imaginative taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home contains so much gorgeousness! I ADORE the dear head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT'S a deer head worth having on a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, Jo, and I love how you incorporate them into all parts of your home. They add such color and cheer and are special to you. I can see why you were captivated by your newest addition to the collection! He fits in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is so colorful and fun.

    Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still find it amazing how you can look at an item and see so many different uses for it. I look at it and see only that item and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Evening Jo, It is lovely to meet you and can I say you have a beautiful style and I love how you use kanthas around your home. They are so unique. I think the final piece which you bought from the Silk Road is Indian, because of the little mirrors and the style of embroidery. My daughter lives in India and I have seen many such sewn mirrored cloths.
    I have really enjoyed my visit and I have become a new follower.
    I look forward to catching up with your posts.
    Best Wishes from England.
    Daphne
    ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments enrich my soul. I love hearing from you.

Popular Posts