Skip to main content

ONCE AGAIN MY QUIRKINESS IS SHOWING................................




Allright......I will admit it.  I love having things in my home that are homemade...not store bought...and are like nothing you will see in someone else's home.  


I also love mixing the quirky with the refined  ~~ something homemade with a fine piece of art.

Since downsizing and moving I'm finding myself with many things that I can no longer use or are just simply wrong with the feel of this house.  So I end up taking things apart and reusing them in new ways.


The little lamp above was made from an old lamp base from World Market and a shade that had ripped and torn over the years.  I incorporated various lamps parts of other fixtures that we are no longer able to use here...and 
voila'!  A new little lamp that is both funky and artsy at the same time.  My dear husband loves the idea of the shade being there and yet not being there.   I only use a flicker bulb in these lamps as they are really more for decoration and not function.

It is amazing what one can come up with with old junk that is around the house.  I love this new trend of re-purposing and re-using stuff......don't you?

Have a great day.

Jo


Comments

  1. Eclectic, and wonderful Jo! I too prefer things I have made from this and that. To have something totally unique, no, not perfect, just perfect for us! Have a great week, Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my friend. It was so good to hear from you. I always enjoy your creations. You have so much talent.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo I'm Loving your Sweet little Lamp Creation, so Unique and Interesting! Thanks for coming by for a Blog Visit, Jo my Retail Spaces are at The Brass Armadillo West in Goodyear, cross streets are McDowell and Dysart... my Showrooms are #133 and #114, perhaps I'll even run into you there? I Work Tues and Fri Nights from 5-9pm there at the Antique Mall ... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little lamp! You're so creative! I want to downsize too, to feel less cluttered, more organized…Every move I make, I seem to get rid of a lot of stuff that I never used. It feels good to lighten up! Have a great weekend, Jo!
    Jen:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must be on the same wavelength!! .... downsizing all summer....I love recycled & re-purpose....that is all we do now...Much more fun & so unique!!! anything handmade is what I like.... Love what you did with the lamp Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative, one-of-a-kind, and beautiful...what could be better?! Love your wit, dear Jo!
    xoxo
    ~ Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the prayers and for visiting my blog! What a lovely blog you have here! Beautiful eye candy! I will be visiting again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...