Skip to main content

MY IMPRESSIONISTIC CEILING..............................................................




I have been away from blogging and my creativity for quite some time.  Like many of you.....I love to mess around my house doing unusual things here and there.  I keep many beautiful things including calendars with beautiful art.  

I came across these the other day and decided I would use them in a way so  I could see them daily.  


Many of you probably recognize many of these masterpiece works of art.


This is the entrance to our den/TV room
I'm in here most nights with the dogs watching my favorite net flicks.
I plan on putting a frame around the whole thing with trim board and painting it the color of the wall.  Then it will be like one huge masterpiece painting.


I hope this will be the start of me getting back into some sort of creative mode.....I do miss it so.  


Hugs from here.

Jo

Comments

  1. Great idea for that little overhead space. I use old calendars to make envelopes and then put small gifts of crochet and tea, chocolate in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I have a stash of beautiful calendars too...

    Just got back from vacation and saw your previous post about aging - gorgeous! We were in Nova Scotia staying at the 100+ year old house where my mother was born. I have spent many summers there since I was born so aging was definitely a theme...xoMary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like your own personal Sistine Chapel ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, great idea and brings to mind, Michaelangelo on his back painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Perfect niche for this..and you have to post when the framing is done! NEATO!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...