Skip to main content

MAKING TIME......................................................

"There is a time in your life for everything~~but not everything all of the time."
Anonymous 


It seems as though when I take a little trip...I always spend some time reflecting about my life and the improvements I hope to make when returning home.


All of us have the same 24 hours in each day and yet it seems as though I often fill mine with trivia and just "puttering" around the house.  I set little goals for myself and let other things get in the way.  


This year I have turned 68 and have vowed to pursue some of the goals I have long neglected.   These goals are really fairly simple, actually....but it is just a matter of MAKING TIME.  I want to begin a solid exercise program, as I am having some knee issues and know this will improve my overall health.  I want to get more involved in being creative.  It seems as though I have just let that part of me disappear.  I want to spend more time with friends getting out of the house for lunch or just visiting.  My diet could use a little overhaul...so I plan on attempting to make this happen.  

My little list really is not very long...but I need to MAKE TIME BEFORE I RUN OUT OF TIME!!


Just sayin'
from me to you..
Jo

Comments

  1. It's great to hear from you. I've already begun working on some of your goals. Great minds think alike. For the first time in my life I have begun attending an exercise class and am thoroughly enjoying it. Hoping you and yours are both well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of that often. My word for the year is "Now." Do it Now. There's so little time left if we wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the thing of it all, isn't it? Making the time to do the things that are really important to us rather than WASTING time and/or killing time. Thanks for the reminder to do what's important. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sometimes we just have to priorize certain things and be firm about letting them have priority over all the other things clamoring for our attention. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I need to make time too! I am always fighting fatigue, but I have to learn to carve out some time to accomplish some little goals at least! It seems all I do is laundry and nap! I am going to try and set some goals and stick to them!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jo,
    I know the feeling. I too sometimes wonder where the day has gone..
    I am always working on what to do next. Then i relax and start again.
    Wish you luck with your diet.. its changing what we eat, that helps.
    Making the best of our time is key to our well being.
    happy week Jo.
    xxx val

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jo, I know exactly what you are saying! Most days I feel like I didn't get half done that I planned or needed to. At 53 I am having issues with my knees and one hip, as well as just going through surgery. It seems like there is never enough time to complete the things I want to do. I spend much more time doing things I HAVE to do! I wish you the best of luck, those are great goals you have set, and completely do-able..if you make the time! :) Take care, xoxox Christel

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've always been terrible at running by a clock. i stopped wearing watches in my teens to not be ruled by time lol
    i'm a 'go with the flow' sort of person, and have accepted that. although i AM on time for appointments! ;)

    http://www.bohemiantwilight.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...