Skip to main content

CROSSING TIME ZONES.........................


While traveling.....we always cross several time zones......causing this thought to come to mind~~

THE LIGHT

The light filters through trees~~making leaves dance on my window shade


Buddha smiles as the light behind him flickers like so many raindrops on wet pavement

This summer light is supposed to last longer now because of manmade alteration to time

How foolish humans are~~Don't they know you cannot alter the light

Light only lasts for so long~~no matter what the clock says.

Just me thinkin' out loud today.

Hugs,

Jo





Comments

  1. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time and doing lots of soul-searching...good for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, thought provoking post- Gorgeous pictures! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, of course! And great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jo:
    And you have set us thinking as well. Not only about your very thoughtful words but also about your most atmospheric images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and yours a blessed day. May you enjoy the first harvest.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never understood daylight savings time. They say changing the clocks give more hours of daylight....the hours of daylight stay the same!! Thanks for the wonderful comment you left for me. I am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures and seeing more of your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the time changes, it always messes me up. I get all out of rhythm and have to try to readjust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Jo,

    Thank you for stopping by for a visit, I appreciate
    the company of new online friends.

    I have to tell you, I really enjoyed reading your
    thoughts about the light. You have a poetic soul.

    How foolish humans are~~
    Don't they know you cannot alter the light...

    how very perceptive of you
    and most certainly the most true statement
    I have read on the blog as of late.

    sending blessings and greetings of Joy
    your way.

    hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Jo,

    Thank you for stopping by for a visit, I appreciate
    the company of new online friends.

    I have to tell you, I really enjoyed reading your
    thoughts about the light. You have a poetic soul.

    How foolish humans are~~
    Don't they know you cannot alter the light...

    how very perceptive of you
    and most certainly the most true statement
    I have read on the blog as of late.

    sending blessings and greetings of Joy
    your way.

    hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...