Skip to main content

AHHHHH...........SPRING!!!!



Arizona has finally eased into Spring.  I know much of the county is still having inclement weather, but here, at last we have a touch of perfect weather.  It does not last long as summer comes so very quickly with temps that are scorchers.  But for now, we simply enjoy what is.

Speaking of enjoying "what is"..... I know this last year has been so very difficult for most of us.
However, the sun always rises and the seasons always change....nothing is permanent.  Things come....things go.
The Buddha embraced impermanence....Our world is in constant change.  I truly believe that the secret to real contentment is accepting that we really have so little control over our life.  We can control our thoughts and that is really about all if you get to the bottom line.  

Easier said than done, I realize...but if practiced on a daily basis....it does become a little easier.
Once again, I am spouting off....please just bare with me.  Thanks.

Jo



Comments

  1. This is so true. Just wish controlling my thoughts was easier. After this year of isolation I find myself getting angry very easily at others who don't agree with me. And I don't like that about myself. More work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Spring too! Especially since I just got my first covid vaccine shot, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the reminder of impermanence and acceptance. It is a relief to remember there is only so much we can control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo! It has been much too long since we have connected. I am so happy to see you here. I have also been off line for some time, and am happy to return.
    I love your lavender!
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...