Skip to main content

A LITTLE FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD..................................


I have shown this work of mine in a previous post.
Like most things I do....I'm always revising and refinishing until I achieve the desired result.


Still not done here but wanted to show my progress on this little wall piece.  Painted with Behr paints you can by at Home Depot and worked on a little at a time when the spirit moves me.


I could not do anything like this when Brad and I were traveling back and forth to the San Juans and out to our little place in Montana.  I was not able to get the supplies easily and it seems as though we were ALWAYS on the move.  Anyway....now that we have settled in our little spot....I can pretty much experiment any way I want as long as I don't rip out walls and attempt to do any major construction.  This is a little slow going as I get older...but it does bring me such joy just to be able to work creatively.
I try to be patient with things like this now as new ideas take time to gel.

You know...all of us are creative beings in one way or another.  How do you express yourself creatively.....just wonderin'?

That is it for today.

Jo  



Comments

  1. Jo! It's striking! The colors are gorgeous...I love the large, strong pattern. I "create" musically and express myself in poetry now and then
    Sometimes wish I'd started earlier...😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous painting -- I love the colors and the impact. I know what you mean about sometimes being unsettled and really unable to create the way you'd like. I'm glad you have your "spot" so you can do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...when you work that large, texture and finish really is part of the composition, and that does take time. I love how you have given this an aged look, as if it maybe be older, and yet still moderne! Adore the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...