Skip to main content

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?



Yesterday in my yoga class, our instructor asked us the above question.   I must admit....there were a lot of puzzled looking ladies staring back at her.  Everyone one of us can get stuck in a rut with our lives.  In fact,  it does seem easier to do the older one gets.  Your world can become so small that you have absolutely nothing to look forward to.

When I left the parking lot, I vowed to begin each of the coming weeks with something NEW to look forward to.  It does not have to be a costly endeavor.
It can be as simple as going to a movie by yourself, stopping by the near by library that you have been promising to go to for years,  eating a simple lunch or dinner at a new restaurant, taking a creative class of some sort ( just make sure it is something you have not done before).  

Some structure is a necessity in every life...but if you get too STUCK IN YOUR WAYS...you will never learn anything new.  I truly believe for our important self care all of us must move out of our comfort zones and DO SOMETHING NEW FOR THE FIRST TIME.

My little rant for today!  (o:}
Stay well and happy.

Jo




Comments

  1. I like your yoga teacher posing such an interesting question. I am reminded to take the pottery class i have been thinking about. A bit of a challenge to color outside the lines every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful advice, Jo. And a good question worth pondering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think being the one in charge of some change is life-affirming. Changes are inevitable, and if we do not create our own, we only roll with the ones that come our way, good or often bad. Just wandered in because of your blog title. My Gramma's Soul... (spelled the same way as my gramma)... Mine was my shining mentor, as well. I will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so happy to see you here. I've been gone for quite awhile and was hoping some old friends would still be here. I participate in Qigong and Chair Yoga. It's free from our union for retires. Also do line dance and zumba (sometimes). Sometimes the zumba is just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...