Skip to main content

THE HEALING AND HOPING SEASON............................


Life keeps moving on at it's normal pace.......
with events happening that are totally out of our control, but one thing we can control is how we take care of ourselves..which is needed especially during difficult times.

I am a  big fan of organic and natural skin care, and since good cosmetics have become so very expensive I often come across something I can make myself that I believe has a wonderful effect on one's skin.



This skincare recipe is from the above publication.  I had not seen it before so I picked up a  copy to see how I could incorporate some of these items in my personal care.


It is such a simple concoction and so very easy to make.  

3/4 cup chopped cucumber..no need to peel
1/4 cup liquid coconut oil...I personally use organic
1 cup white sugar
Basil leaves as much as you like .. mine are from my garden out back

I chopped cucumber and basil.   Put them into my blender, added the sugar, then the coconut oil.  Then I put the blender on puree and mixed it to my desired consistency.  I like my body scrubs to be a little on the goopy side ... if you want yours a little thicker just add more of the cucumber and basil.  This has the most clean refreshing fragrance you will ever experience.


Pour the mixture into clean storage containers.  Mine are plastic as I did not want to worry about dropping them in the shower and having the glass shader.  
But you can certainly use anything you have on hand.  This recipe made a little over two small jars of scrub.  It stores well in the fridge for two weeks...and I promise you will not smell like a SALAD when you exit the shower.  LOL LOL

This mixture does miracles on rough feet and elbows...although I use it over a lot of my body just because I like how soft it makes my skin feel.  Be sure and rise the floor or the tub or shower thoroughly as this can be slippery and you will want to rinse any little pieces of 
"green stuff" down the drain.  (O:(O:



Enjoy this and let's make a pact with ourselves to TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES THIS UPCOMING SEASON.

hugs from me,

Jo

Comments

  1. Well, I'm excited about this on so many levels. My youngest daughter has been really getting into making natural skin care and bath products. Not only do I want her to make this one for us, I want to get her a subscription to that magazine for Christmas! shhh...don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    Hope you are doing well. :)
    Thanks for the great recipe. I will give it a try. I love organic things especially for my body.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,
    Now this is a great way to treat yourself... The last photo of the flowers is just breathtaking.
    Thank you for sharing.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something about cucumbers as they are often recommended for many forms of skin care.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, this is beautiful and lovely to see you taking care like this. I need to do this more often too. The photos are beautiful and I never heard of this magazine, will love to have one or two...or....three :D
    I'm especially intrigued by the "For Strange Women Perfumes" and was impressed by their organic perfumes, and I would indeed be of ''the strange''....lol.....I make my own perfumes too for years now. My latest is Tuberose with Sandalwood, and Vetiver and Rose for underarms....wow. Talk about being transported into other worlds...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on that pact. Still working on healing after the death of my mom. It's hard when you never get that chance to mend the past and say good bye.

    Hoping you are doing well. Thanks for the skin care recipe. I've used cucumbers for bags under my eyes from late nights or too many tears. They are fabulous.

    Great hearing from you again. I've missed you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO much better for you than the commercial stuff with all those chemicals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scrub sounds wonderful! It seems like my skin is already drying out and it's not even all that cold just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't posted since 2021

Goodness...........I haven't opened my blog or posted since December of 2021.  Don't know if I will start blogging again as I don't like to use Google for anything.....but who knows. Guess if I want to put my thoughts on paper Google will be necessary. We will see what happens. Stay well.....✋

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY......I'M GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!

I turn 67 today.....and actually I feel better as the years accumulate.  Since I've gotten older I actually have decided that I will celebrate each day during the month of October...just being grateful for being healthy and alive.   I hope each one of you who follow this little blog of mine celebrate each day along with me.... Here are some of the things I have planned for my birthday month: 1.  Listing our current home the end of the first week in November.  We are pretty excited to be moving into a little smaller spot as it means less work and maintenance.  We just want to be able to live more and work less.  Although we still have not found our new spot.....we know it is out there.   2.  Taking a 15 day cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Budapest.  We will visit 5 countries along the way.  One of the stops will be in the place I was born....Nuremberg, Germany.  My  family  left Germany right...

" I AM ROOTED....BUT I FLOW". Virginia Woolf

2020..can you believe it?  With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here.   Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate.  Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store.  With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there.  Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye.  Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration.  No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...