2020..can you believe it? With each passing year I am more amazed that I am still here. Both my parent's died very young and if genetics prove correct sometimes one can have the same fate. Anyway....I digress. At the beginning of each new year I always find myself wondering what this particular year has in store. With advanced age you can almost always depend on little surprises here and there. Your life can be bumping along and then suddenly everything changes in the blink of an eye. Your health changes, your finances change, family troubles, death of loved ones...the list goes on and on. Instead of making any resolutions for this upcoming year....I have promised myself that I will embrace any and all change with thoughtful consideration. No panic attacks, no jumping into immediate action, no needless worrying about things I cannot control. I know that is a tall order because being human we...
Oh, if only this were possible for all of us!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Jo!
XO,
Jane
Wonderful resolutions. Happy 2014 to you Jo.
ReplyDeleteXO Danielle
It would be wonderful to remove all the negatives! All the best for 2014, Jo. xo
ReplyDeleteSo true!!! I am pinning this...:D
ReplyDeletePerfect! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat words and rules to live by -- they should be shared with every teenager, too.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great list!
ReplyDeleteHi Jo,
ReplyDeletewell, I am not so sure that I would call them new year resolutions. I think that these things should be avoided at all costs. Its a great list. I am finding out more and more as I grow older, that i dont have much time for negativity..and i have a couple of friends who sometimes are.
lots of love, laughter, positive thinking and harmony.
xxxx val
Wishing you a Happy New Year Those words to live by beats a diet any day. Be happy..
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking time to comment on my blog, I am always thrilled when people take time to do this. Thank you also for the kind comments about my living room.
ReplyDeleteI would agree with all of the above, especially the 'disorganised space'. I loathe disorganisation but at the moment my home feels disorganised as I still have a lot of my mums things around that I cannot find cupboard space for. She passed away just over a year ago and I had a house full of 50 years of collecting in the one house and had to find room for a lot of it in my little cottage. I have crammed it in boxes, up in the attack out in the shed...bought another shed and my little studio is surrounded by boxes. I am in the process of clearing my studio and re-decorating as it is seriously cluttering my mind.
Mum had lots of lovely things and I am keeping those but some of the other things I don't need to keep I am still having trouble letting go of.
Lee
Nice and important resolutions. I think it's important to go on with resolutions : the best way to improve our lives. Two words this year happiness and de clutter !
ReplyDeletexoxo from PARIS/FRANCE
I want to frame this!! :)))
ReplyDeleteYou always inspire, dearest Jo...
I hope your New Year is off to a FABULOUS start...
Sending much love and blessings....
xoxoxo,
- Irina
Wow I love that Josette! I'm glad I stopped by to thank you for visiting so I could read such wonderful words. And thanks for letting me know about the cataracts...I too am tired of being blind as a bat.
ReplyDeleteGail
Wow I love that Josette! I'm glad I stopped by to thank you for visiting so I could read such wonderful words. And thanks for letting me know about the cataracts...I too am tired of being blind as a bat.
ReplyDeleteGail
I have been at organizing for the month of Jan and not nearly finish. Well, on that note Happy Valentines. yvonne
ReplyDelete