Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Allright.....temps in AZ right now where I live are running anywhere from 109 degrees to 113 in some areas....too hot to do ANYTHING outside....so I am spending time in my little studio. Cranking out "Les Bijoux de Junque" as Debra from She Who Seeks has graciously labeled my little creations.
The piece above was made for my wonderful neighbor.....who is a horse lady. In AZ.....all horse people have to own some kind of truck....to be a real cowboy...so I made her a little something to wear with her cowboy duds...although she doesn't own a truck....she can always pretend.
And then we have this:
Have a beautiful Montana friend...who is a GREAT cook....in fact she worked one summer as a ranch house cook...anyway....made this little diddy for her. From junk I have around here....as usual....using an ordinary item in a new way. Which brings me to this thought.....
Are YOU the kind of person who sees beauty where others only see junk? I know I am.....I believe that comes from thinking outside the box....or growing up as poor as a "church mouse" or being a little "wonky" I'm not sure which. (O:(O:
Which happens to fit right in with my opening quote today.....If your thinking is always so structured in black and
white and everything MUST BE PERFECT.....and you always HAVE TO MAKE GOOD SENSE.....how can you be creative? I think creativity comes from "throwing a lot of things up against the wall....and seeing which one actually sticks".
Any thoughts on this?
Hugs from the hottest place on earth....at least that is what I think today! LOL LOL
Monday, June 18, 2012
The soul goes by many different names~~
Hinduism ~ Atman
Jainism ~ Jiva
Sikhism ~ Atma - "roohu"
Christianity ~ Soul
Jewish ~ Soul
Buddhism ~ Anatma - No-self/No Soul
Just to mention a few:
"Each person has an ideal, a hope, a dream~which represents the soul. We must give it the warmth of love, the light of understanding and the essence of encouragement."
Calley Dorr Dom
How do you nurture your soul?
Friday, June 15, 2012
A few of you have asked about seeing a picture of our Skyler and our Miss Sophie. This pic was taken 2 days ago....they are both sharing Sophie's bed in this photo. He is growing like a weed...and is probably 4 times as long in length as when we brought him home.
Miss Sophie is the Alpha-dog and she let's him know it....when appropriate......GOOD FOR HER....I SAY! teehee
Have a wonderful weekend.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
I have posted before about my love of recycling materials into art.....We really have so much "stuff" on this planet of ours....that it is really terrific when someone is able to creatively use something old....in a new way.
O.K......this piece was made in Haiti....from an old car or truck body.....cut out and welded to make this cute, cute piece of funky art! It is one of my favorites and I hang it right up there with my other art pieces.
Makes me smile.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Well, was finally able to get back and spend some time in my little studio. My new puppy, Skyler, has been keeping me busy....I'll tell you that.
Anyway....wanted to share this little piece with you....made from a fan pull...an old piece of crystal from a chandi...washers...parts from door knobs... half of some kind of car gear and various beads. The orange beads were given to me from my neighbor...she picked them up in Santa Fe on her last trip there.
I know this piece is far from perfect...but I do love how it looks so funky and bohemian.
Well....off to $.2.00 taco night at our local restaurant.
BTW......If any of you beautiful ladies would like me to make you a wonderful piece of Trailer Park Jewelry.....just drop me a line and we can chat. I can guarantee it will be reasonably priced! LOL LOL
Have a wonderful night...dear friends.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Anyone who knows me....knows I'm certainly NOT a minimalist....with color or with my home. I have been looking for a rug to incorporate into my living room...it seems like FOREVER. Anyway....finally found one I adore!!!
Ordered this Persian on-line from One King's Lane....rugs can be tricky...and ordering them over the internet can really turn out to be a nightmare...but as I said....I could not be happier. Love the color, love the design and it is just enough color in the middle of my room. A large coffee table normally goes on top of it....but I wanted to show you the design of the rug clearly, so took these shots without the table in place. Oh and the best part is the rug was marked down half-price.
Needed a pop of color on that traditional rug of ours and this one fits the bill.
BTW......here is a shot of my studio.....where I can be creative from time to time...when I'm not messing with dogs....teehee.
You can see how that rug I just purchased would fit right in with my funky/eclectic decor.
Let's all go have a colorful weekend.
Smiles from me to you.
Monday, June 4, 2012
OK....here is the remainder of yesterday's post..
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time..time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in Touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd
grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don't ask, you don't get.
50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
That's it......have a wonderful day.
copy: Regina Brett Plain Dealer Publishing
Sunday, June 3, 2012
REGINA BRETT'S 45 LIFE LESSONS AND
5 TO GROW ON
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
- It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
- It's OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their story is about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
- Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
- You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
- It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words. "In five years, will this matter."
- Always choose life.
- Forgive everyone everything.
Hugs from here,
Copy: Regina Brett~Plain Dealer Publishing
Photo: Somewhere on the internet