"When you realize that nothing is lacking in your life~~the whole world belongs to you."

Lao Tzu

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

KEYS IN THE SONG OF LIFE........................




I heard this phrase the other day in a song I was listening to.  It gave me pause to really consider this phrase as it does relate to one's life.

If you really think about it, a song, is like a life....it has a beginning....a middle....and an end. 

Some songs are made up of mostly flat notes.....as are many lives...boring beyond belief....never taking a risk or a chance...always fearful...always waiting for the other shoe to drop. 



 Other songs are sharp notes....always unsettled...giving rise to dissonance....incomplete and incongruous with the surroundings.  Always causing a uproar....never settled...always..looking....looking..
looking.


Then there is the song....composed of some flat and some sharp.....always looking for that balance....not too extreme one way or the other. Different parts of life may play different notes here....but...the goal is ALWAYS to get the life back into balance....managing gracefully.

I think next time I see my friends or meet a new person...I shall try to consider just WHAT key of life they are living.... as well as examining my own....to see exactly WHAT key I am in.



Just me thinking out loud today.

Hugs,

Jo
all images courtesy:  Free Vintage  Digital Stamps.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this post very much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a beautiful thought. I love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Celts speak of the "Oran Mor" as the great song, the Divine melody of creation. It is defined as an ancient rhythm and melody that can be heard in the wind, in the moving waters, and in Celtic song, and poetry. It is a beautiful concept.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary.......that IS a beautiful concept. Thanks for sharing this with us.

      Jo

      Delete
  4. I like to think that I have tried to hit all the notes. Some may have been sharp and some may have gone flat but I have learned from them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Oh my goodness...I wonder what "key of life" I'm living. Probably something from Mozart or Beethoven. As usual, I always love coming to visit you sweet Jo...love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jo.
    life has so many ups and downs. I myself try to keep within the happy "keynotes".. If i let myself go to the others ..i become sad.
    My father was a musician and I have a son a musician and another two who love music.. so we try to keep on the high side.. I wish you the same dear Jo.
    Remember there is always a silver lining..
    thinking of you.. say hello to skyler.
    big hugs for a good day.
    val

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved that music is the Universal Language.
    It speaks to us in ways nothing else can.
    Your post today is beautiful, and full of notes that
    are lyrical in meaning. I loved your thinking aloud. :)
    Blessings of the Light to You Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what fun graphics! I like your musings too. I hope you always sing a happy song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balance is always key. Not always easy to maintain but a healthy and good thing to strive toward.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post!! I've been thinking along a similar line lately, but I never thought it using a musical analogy. YOU are brilliant!!

    Have a beautiful weekend!!

    Xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments enrich my soul. I love hearing from you.