"The soul should always stand ajar~~ready to welcome the estatic experience."

Emily Dickenson

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

THIS IS TOO FUN....NOT TO SHARE.......



I am indeed on a little holiday break from my blog....but I wanted to share this great idea with you.

The wonderful blog La Porterouge has begun an on -line book club....with JUST the classics.....right up my alley.

Each month we will read a new book and post about the read by either making a recipe that would relate to the book ...or clothing from the era...or anything else related to the read.  This sounds like so much fun and very interesting ........ I might add.

Hope to see you there.

See you after the holidays,

Jo

11 comments:

  1. Oh- I love all the old classics. I have even got my kids reading them now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined and am excited to get to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of this book, but won't be reading it quite yet. My husband highly recommended it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...very cool Jo..hugs and thanks for all you share!! Wonderful!
    V~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo...sounds like fun...I hope I can remember to check in on this after the holidays! Have a lovely celebration with loved ones!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking a minute to stop in and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas Jo... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right up your alley Jo:) I'll be watching to see what you do with this each month. If only I had time.....

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holdays to you and your family.

    it is hard to find time for the blogs at this busy time of year.

    waving Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea! And what a wonderful way to keep those classics fresh! Good for you (taking a blog break) sometimes it is good to just step away from the computer for a bit! Big hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments enrich my soul. I love hearing from you.